Wednesday 26 October 2011

Goats in Trees?!?!













Have you ever heard of goats in trees! Well guess what its true! In the North African country of Morocco there are goats that graze in the trees. These are not a special species of goats they are just regular goats. These goats have learned to adapt to there enviroment. Their source of food grows on Aragan trees and they are berries. Most of these trees are about 30 feet of the ground. The only way goats can get up is by scaling up. What scaling mean is when small plate like dermal or epidermal structures that characteristically form from the external covering of fishes, reptiles, and certain animals. Over the years these goats have not only learned how to do this but have also learned how to prance like a ballerina from branch to branch. There droppings also help with the locals because the locals pick up the dried up droppings and wash, grind, and press them to excrete oil. This oil is very healthy and highly coveted. So goats climbing trees is a very good thing!














First I went to DOGO news because I like the articles there and I picked something about an animal because I am very interested in them. And when I saw this article my eyes literally popped out of my head! I just never new that goats would be able to climb trees because they have hooves! So I just found it very interesting. I also found it interesting how the locals use their droppings to make oil which is also a good thing because we need more oil to cell. Each and everyday people all over the world find out that animals can do more then they are capable of. Maybe one day fish will be able to live out of the water! Who knows!

Bibliography

"Morocco's Nimble Goats - Kids News Article." DOGO News - Kids News Articles! Kids Current Events; plus Kids News on Science, Sports, and More! Web. 26 Oct. 2011. .

By Meera Dolasia on 09/23/2011


1 comment:

  1. Wow Hannah! I find that highly interesting! You always have something interesting to write about. I never heard of goats climbing trees until I read this great article of yours. I suppose my eyes would have popped out too seeing the article about goats climbing trees. I've heard of them climbing mountains though but I suppose everyone has. :) I'm so excited every time I go to your blog because I know there's something fascinating waiting there! I really found it interesting and now you gave me a new idea about the source about my article. I don't have to use Science Daily any more. Thanks for letting me have fun reading your blog and letting me know about a new source. :)

    ReplyDelete