Tuesday 19 April 2011

What do I know about force and motion

Well first I know a little but really not that much and by looking at videos and listening to information, I would like to learn about it.

Some things that I do know is like in the video when I saw Toni Hawk and he was skate boarding on a loop type thing. And he had to go up in the air. For him to do a loop he would have to go very fast. Also the same with a roller coaster it would need to go very fast going down and go in loops or else the people would just fall out of the roller coaster. The same thing with the people ridding bikes upside down they would need to go very fast to be able to go on walls and the ceiling.

One thing that I also learned is when gravity in pulling you down very fast things will go up. Like if an elevator was just falling very fast and you were in it. You would go smack! onto the ceiling. So sometimes if you are in an elevator and going down you sometimes feel like your body is going up. And that is the force of motion. So that is why elevators are slow. At amusement parks they usually have the ride where you sit on a seat your feet dangle you go up and then it just drops. Well if you didn't have a seat belt you would be in big trouble. Because you would fly up then fall back down to earth. So the seat belt holds you back down. And again same with the roller coaster you have to have seat belts because when you are going down you can like fly up. Sometimes I hold onto the seat belt because I feel as if I am going to fly out.

So I would really like to learn about force and motion I really think it will be a fun and interesting thing to learn about.

Some of the things that I would like to learn is the definition of force and motion? I would also like to know who discovered force and motion? What forces will affect the earth? Can you over come the forces of gravity? And I would also like to learn about it by watching a Bill Nye. Difference between forces and motion? What does gravity depend on?Do forces and motion matter in life? Why do things react to force and motion? Do forces and motion have something in common?

These are some of the questions I would like to know.Then I did some research

The definition of force is the capacity to do work or cause physical change; energy, strength, or active power. The definition of motion is the ability or power to move.

1 comment:

  1. Very good questions. You sure have a very good knowledge base of motion and hopefully during the next few weeks you will be able to get the answers to your questions. :)

    ReplyDelete